It's many hundred miles and it won't be long

April 02, 2012


WARNING: Photo heavy post ahead. Proceed with caution


Alternative post title: Going away for a year and a day, wrapped up in a pea green coat. (If you get the reference, cookie for you!)

I’m going away tomorrow so I’m hurriedly putting off packing my bags. I usually use this suitcase as hand luggage, it’s the perfect size and it’s solid so, in my usual klutziness, nothing gets damaged. I found it at an antique shop, probably hidden under much nicer and more expensive bags with a reduced price which I've conveniently forgotten. It was cheap - honest!


Whenever I travel I imagine myself as a character from a 60’s black and white film, preferably French. I like to listen to Vashti Bunyan (60’s) and I’m travelling to France; that might explain it a little. Plus I’ve always thought of travel as so perfectly romantic, even though I've traveled since before I could walk. This afternoon I sat on the roof of my apartment and said goodbye to the city for a couple of weeks. I also had my favourite term-time breakfast - fried eggs and toast - as if to savour my last day at home. Although technically I'm going home to see my family, so expect nothing but field photos from now on! Are you going anywhere for the Spring holidays? Share with me, I'd love to know!


Wearing: Urban Outfitters coat and watch, everything else is thrifted.

Also, a side note, little girl tights are the comfiest ever. Not to mention they fit better than many tights I’ve tried from high street shops.


Bonus photos: It's a 'pixie' powder puff, from yesteryear. It belonged to my friend's grandma and I found it in the sewing box that I 'inherited' from her. It's perfect for traveling, so small and compact!

AND, one last thing to say (and I promise this is the last). A while ago, I was awarded a Versatile Blogger award  by Anne of Mercury – Handmade Fashion. Now I'm no good at following rules so I'm just going to say Thank you Anne, I really appreciate it. Also, I follow a bunch of fantastic blogs but I never got around to putting them all in a list so you may have noticed the new Blogs I Love page, I've put some of my favourite blogs there and I'll be updating with all the other lovelies I follow on the web. Anyone on that list, that happens to be reading this, you may consider yourself awarded.

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Your photos are so magical, I can believe that you're traveling to Paris or Rome for a romantic trip. Have fun visiting your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is your colour! I love that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so amazed at how great these photos are, such amazing photography. I especially like the one of your shoes. :)

    ~Brit
    www.brittany-sims.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I had a rooftop like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Yours is so gorgeous! The light on your photos is spectacular. <3

      Delete
  5. I love these pictures! the light is perfect, the outfit is great, and that suitcase reminds me of when I was a kid and playing "Sandy Belle", i.e. a traveling cartoon character :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I always envy beautiful blog photos as it is an area I feel I am lacking in. Thanks for the inspiration x

    http://confessionsfromundertheduvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow! Such nice photos! I love all the greeniness of your outfit. Aahh such a nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, your blog is just as amazing as your style!! Loving it!! Really glad to have found you thru Chictopia! :) Just can't wait to see your next amazing style photos!! <3

    Hugs and kiss kiss,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. In love with that shade of green, but it's so hard to find. Jelz of your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't consciously collected this colour, I've just amassed it gradually.

      Delete
  10. This has got to be the loveliest post I've ever seen :)
    Loving the lighting of the sun too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love these pictures<3 you look so adorable and i love those pumps! following!

    http://tramplingicecream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wauw love this post and love your blog! Maybe you wanna take a peek on my blog and participate on the GIVEAWAY I´m doing.
    I will be following you, you´re great!

    Kiss Kiss Mercedes

    mercedes-artenciel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm here for the first time but not the last! I love Your photos!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm here for the first time, but I really love your photos and your blog.
    Your blog is awsome, love it!
    I'm following now (:
    xoxo, Tânia.
    http://vintagedaily.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a lovely outfit and photos! I love the top!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just discovered your blog and I love it !
    Love your outfit ! Really sweet ^^
    Hugs from France :)

    mademoiselle-agatha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man, I am totally going through all your old entries and swooning over your style. I LOVE the way you dress, and your thrifting luck is insane! Definitely a new favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely pictures!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What stunning photos! I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for taking the time to write a comment. I don't always reply (because I'm too busy hiding under a rock) but I read and appreciate every single one!